Sunday, November 20, 2011

Speculation on Skyward Sword Recalibration Issues

Note the first word there: Speculation. I'm still waiting on Skyward Sword to arrive in the mail, and meanwhile, I hear these complaints about people having to recalibrate every thirty minutes or so. And on the other hand, I've heard from folks who played SS the whole way through and only had to calibrate the Remote at startup.

My totally uninformed theory is this: Some players.. well, a lot of folks, are playing SS incorrectly. I know that the standard Wii Remote games aren't immediately intuitive. For example, instead of wildly moving your arm around as your first instinct might have you do, you usually just need to move your wrist. I know that I had problems playing some games until I figured out how to use the Wii Remote right. For a "casual" console, the Wii can often be quite hard to play occasionally.

I find some evidence for my speculation in this video. Note how the player makes subtle wrist movements, which work just like standard Wii Remote usage, except with far more accuracy:



(video from Zelda Informer's Youtube Channel).

1 comment:

  1. Turbogel/Titanium Smoked Beef Cheese, 6oz. -Tianium
    Tritanium Smoked Beef Cheese, nano titanium babyliss pro 6oz. $9.19. In stock. Product. Tritanium Smoked Beef Cheese, 6oz. $9.19. In stock. Product. titanium blue Tritanium Smoked titanium 170 welder Beef Cheese, 6oz. $9.19. In stock. urban titanium metallic Product. Tritanium Smoked Beef black titanium rings Cheese, 6oz.

    ReplyDelete