Friday, February 25, 2011

A Rambling about Twilight Princess

I was reading a review of "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" earlier, and I found myself realizing that it was the same "party line," if you will, that I'd heard from hundreds of other people. Opinions and facts are all too easily absorbed in this manner. One person with a loudspeaker can gain hundreds of followers because people often simply absorb the things they hear.

Anyway, that's just the nature of humanity, and while it might raise a few interesting ideas for philosophical rants, it's slightly beyond the scope of what I wish to ramble about. I wanted to do a review of my own.

Graphics: I like them.
Audio: It has its moments, but the main motif of the game (Hyrule Field intro) is awful. It feels very forced, I don't think it lives up to some of the previous tracks in the series. This track is laid over "Midna's Lament" and gets some play in the Sacred Forest Meadow if I'm not mistaken, and pretty well ruins whatever it touches.
Controls: Terrible.
Storyline:Pretty good! I like the fact that they brought Ganon back again. Bring him back every time. Zant sucked, and I"m pretty sure that if Ganon hadn't appeared, the cries from the faithful would have been "He's not as good as Ganon!" Mario has Bowser/King Koopa, Mega Man has Dr. Wily, and Link has Ganon(dorf). The in-game specifics were ok. I liked the setting and how ties were forged to previous games.

That's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment