Saturday, July 2, 2011

An Open Letter to Konami

Dearest Konami,

Great bringers of Gradius and Castlevania, some time ago one of your games promised a sequel. That game, Axelay, was fantastic in every way, but alas, you seem to have forgotten to actually make the sequel. No worries. I do similar things all the time. Why just the other day I promised to give a debtor ten dollars and then ten more dollars, but I never got around to giving the second ten dollars. But I digress: Just know that we understand how something so important could slip your minds.

I see that you've got all those ReBirth games on the Wii Shop Channel. How is it that you can make a Gradius game and forget about ole beloved Axelay? With all due respect, Axelay kicked Gradius 3's ass, good Konami.

Speaking of the Wii Shop Channel's ReBirth games, that would be a fine style (and venue) for Axelay 2. You could even go as far to release it in the Xbox Live Arcade and whatever Sony's equivalent is. I think I speak for all Axelay fans when I say that the ReBirth games exemplify what we want out of Axelay 2! The same game.. again.. but with new enemies, weapons, and bosses!

I trust that this notification has brought you joy. Don't mention it.

Sincerely,
Charles

P.S. Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth was amazing. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment