Monday, April 18, 2011

Could the moon be alive?

I was driving down the road at about 3 A.M. this morning, and the moon was exceptionally large. I've seen large views of the moon before, but something about this one stuck out. It was positioned directly over the road, almost like something out of a UFO encounter. I kept looking at this while almost disregarding the empty road ahead of me. Then, I did something crazy: I asked the moon, "What?"

Sleep deprivation will send me to an early grave, I'm sure, but at the time, acknowledging the celestial object felt like a completely reasonable thing to do. There was this large object in the sky, and certainly felt as if it had singled me out, out of all the other people in the world. It was like the moon had its own personality for the moment. I'd seen the moon many times, but this was the first time that the moon had took notice of me.

Fortunately, the moon didn't respond. But I'm glad that this episode left me with yet another interesting (but completely meaningless) thing to ponder. In the interests of defending a potentially existent entity, I came up with several completely fallacious appeals (which I won't share here).

So, basically, I was outside, and I realized the moon existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment