Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Something about IE

Internet Explorer doesn't like my script (for Beardulax, my JavaScript Oracle), and I'm not sure why. All the other major browsers can take the script from the document.write(); just fine. However, IE freezes every single time! I think it must be something about the script's syntax, because IE can load Facebook's all.js inside of document.write();. The script itself contains a function with FB.ui for sharing to the feeds. I had the same result when the function contained stream.publish. Baffling!

Btw, if anyone happened to read the previous post, I was able to get the 'publish' option to work in Chrome, Safari, and Opera by trying a different option (feed, if I recall correctly. It looks a lot like stream.publish. I'm not sure what the difference is.)

For the moment, the script only executes if the browser is not internet explorer. I need to learn a little more about IE's debugger, I guess, but as far as I can tell, the freeze is stopping it from spitting out errors! I suppose I'll research the matter and update this post if I find a solution.

UPDATE: I eventually ended up having to give up on the whole method of using document.write(); and it worked just fine. I think the problem was because the script ran at the start of the second page.

No comments:

Post a Comment