Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thoughts on Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: Skyword Sword is supposed to bring Zelda to life, allowing you to control you Wii Remote as if it were an actual sword. Many people are pretty excited about this. And I suppose the novelty will be interesting.

The few graphics we've seen look pretty good. I'm not terribly pleased with the style, but I'm sure it will be aesthetically pleasing overall. They seemed to opt to maintain Zelda's fantasy style graphics for the areas (those forests and fields just don't quite look real :D), which is a good thing.

In spite of all these lovely things, I still have my doubts about the direction this is heading. Answer this: What do LoZ, AoL, Alttp, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (gamecube version) have in common? They all have a traditional controller interface.

I wasn't terribly pleased with this point and click poo for TP's Wii Version. It took away an excellent analog interface and replaced it with a not so great one. I dislike it so much that I've actually thought about getting the gamecube version off ebay.

Having said all of that, I guess I should realize that Skyward Sword will likely improve off of the shaky foundation Twilight Princess laid. Even so, I maintain my cry: "NINTENDO! MAKE. A. FRIGGIN'. NORMAL. CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment